JUMPSTYLE Combination 01
JUMPSTYLE is danced alone or in groups. The dancers either perform the "duo jump" next to each other or the "duo kick" opposite each other.
Jumpstyle can be used as a part of warm-up. Jumping in general is important for your health (bone density).
Target group: recommended level 3 (from age 9./10.)
- Experience with movement and music
- Examples from the category: "Short Dances"
Tips for implementation:
- It is also possible to use only parts of this sequence depending on the level of advancement of students
- Different forms of organisations add variety and take some pressure off the teacher as the "presenter".
- Pay attention that the hops are done in "the correct way" and that calf muscles are stretched after a longer sequence.
- Play some music during the practice phase (motivation). The sound volume can be varied.
- Additional movements from this area can be added
- Students can show their own moves related to the theme that they either already know or have created or arranged within their groups.
- Additional choreographic elements may be added (for example: Can you dance this sequence on a straight line…)
Tips relating to the music: further information can be found under the heading "Tips & methods" > Music
- For this example, several different music pieces are suitable. A clear rhythm with between 120 -140 beats per minute (BPM) is helpful.
- Good, motivating music is very important. Use songs that are currently popular every now and then. Bring faster and slower music to the lesson. These add variety and motivation to lessons.