SMALL DANCES Sticks short against each other
The whole text becomes visible when you click on the info button below the clip
See sticks shorts and sticks long - showclip for a possible end form
Examples from the category "Don`t stress, relax and inspire" contain short exercises with music that can be done as a warm-up or as an intro to the lesson. The exercises are designed and arranged in a way that they can be learned without a lot of prior experience and don`t necessarily lead to a certain dance style.
The emphasis is on varied work with music in combination with simple movements.
Short dances with materials provide some variation to the better known dance styles.
Target group: recommended level 3 (from age 9./10.)
- Music perception
- Feel for rhythm
- Experience with movement and music
Tips for implementation: further information can be found under "tips and tricks"
- It is also possible to use only parts of this sequence depending on the level of advancement of students (Please see "examples from schools" for a practical example)
- Play some music during the practice phase (motivation). The sound volume can be varied.
- Integrate a change of place
Tips relating to the music: further information can be found under the heading "About"
- For this example, several different music pieces are suitable. A clear rhythm with between 115 - 125 beats per minute (BPM) is helpful.
- Good, motivating music is very important. Use songs that are currently popular every now and then. Bring faster and slower music to the lesson. These add variety and motivation to lessons.