STREETDANCE Wave 05
STREETDANCE belongs to the dance style Hip-Hop.
A WAVE in hip hop is a wave-like movement. Arm waves, upper body waves, lower body waves are all examples of this move and can be combined.
Streetdance, the dance from the streets, has found its way into the video clips of the stars. It is a dynamic dance style that combines urban dance styles, funky moves, hip-hop styles, jazz dance and "new style". It presents challenges and fun.
- Experience with movement and music
- Examples from the category: "Short Dances"
Tips for implementation:
- Different forms of organisations add variety and take some pressure off the teacher as the "presenter".
- Play some music during the practice phase (motivation). The sound volume can be varied.
- If 2-3 simple basic dance steps are combined with a "Wave", a short combination can be created for all of the class.
- Students can show their own moves related to the theme that they either already know or have created or arranged within their groups.
Tips relating to the music: further information can be found under the heading "Tips & methods" > Music
- For this example, several different music pieces are suitable. A clear rhythm with between 70 - 90 beats per minute (BPM) is helpful.
- Good, motivating music is very important. Use songs that are currently popular every now and then. Bring faster and slower music to the lesson. These add variety and motivation to lessons.