STREETDANCE Combination 02
STREETDANCE belongs to the dance style Hip-Hop
Streetdance, the dance from the streets, has found its way into the video clips of the stars. It is a dynamic dance style that combines urban dance styles, funky moves, hip-hop styles, jazz dance and "new style". It presents challenges and fun.
Target group: recommended level 3(from age 9./10.)
- Experience with movement and music
- Examples from the category: "Short Dances"
Tips for implementation:
- It is also possible to use only parts of this sequence depending on the level of advancement of students
- Different forms of organisations add variety and take some pressure off the teacher as the "presenter".
- Play some music during the practice phase (motivation). The sound volume can be varied.
- Additional movements from this area can be added
- Students can show their own moves related to the theme that they either already know or have created or arranged within their groups.
Tips relating to the music: further information can be found under the heading "Tips & methods" > Music
- For this example, several different music pieces are suitable. A clear rhythm with between 70 - 90 beats per minute (BPM) is helpful.
- Good, motivating music is very important. Use songs that are currently popular every now and then. Bring faster and slower music to the lesson. These add variety and motivation to lessons.