PRACTICE / ORGANISATION dancing in Lenghts
In this section, the dance moves are not the main focus; examples from the category Tips & methods provide concrete inputs for forms of organisations and exercises as well as inspiration for successful choreographies. The examples also contain suggestions for methodical-didactical implementation ways for working with music.
The focus is on a variety of actions to learn, use and arrange dance steps.
Acquiring and consolidating a movement pattern in Lenghts present some variety.
- Experience with movement and music
- Music perception
Tips for implementation:
- Depending on the size and age of the students, the exercise can also be performed by crossing the gym side to side.
- Explain the structure of this exercise carefully and point out that the next person may only start after the student in front of her has completed the exercise 1x.
- Play some music during the practice phase (motivation). The sound volume can be varied.
- Students may create their own steps and movements and show them to each other.
- Possible exercise: for example in a group of 4, each person shows a step and teaches the step to the rest of the group (puzzle system)
Tips relating to the music: further information can be found under the heading Tips & methods > Music
- Good, motivating music is very important. Use songs that are currently popular every now and then. Bring faster and slower music to the lesson. These add variety and motivation to lessons