PRACTICE / ORGANISATION Ping-pong
In this section, the dance moves are not the main focus; examples from the category Tips & methods provide concrete inputs for forms of organisations and exercises as well as inspiration for successful choreographies. The examples also contain suggestions for methodical-didactical implementation ways for working with music.
The focus is on a variety of actions to learn, use and arrange dance steps.
Acquiring and consolidating a movement pattern in "Ping Pong", present some variety. In the exercise form "Ping Pong", the first group performs a certain sequence of steps and the second group repeats the movement pattern like an echo.
- Experience with movement and music
- Music perception
- Feel for rhythm
- Several movement patterns are learned together
Tips for implementation:
- After the introduction and implementation with the class, groups of 4 can be formed to do the exercise.
- The second group should start without a pause immediately after the first group has finished and vice versa. This ensures that the students are always alert and pay attention.
- Play some music during the practice phase (motivation). The sound volume can be varied.
- Perform this with different sizes of groups and in different directions.
Tips relating to the music: further information can be found under the heading Tips & methods > Music
- Good, motivating music is very important. Use songs that are currently popular every now and then. Bring faster and slower music to the lesson. These add variety and motivation to lessons.